Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!!

This was Anthany and I's first fourth of July together! I tried to research ahead of time to figure out what to do in Boise for the fourth but I couldn't find anything too exciting going on. We both really would have liked to go back to Rigby for the celebration, but we couldn't get enough time off work. So we started off the day with a "quick" walk to downtown for the parade in the morning. I should have figured out exactly where the parade was... but I didn't so instead we walked around for 45 minutes trying to figure out where we were supposed to go. We also should have brought our chairs... anyways, the parade ended up being not exciting at all.. a lot of it were people holding signs protesting different laws.. Not super patriotic.
Here is me with one of the 920398429483 vintage cars that drove in the parade :]
This huge group of bagpipe playing people were pretty cool to see.
Old School Firetruck
In this parade there were no tractors, horses. marching bands, or dancing! I couldn't believe it. There were some uni-cyclists. It was hard to tell when the parade was over too. Anthany said "In Menan, you always knew the parade was over when the pooper scoopers came down the street" haha so true! 

After the parade, I put some dinner in the crock pot and then we spent some time playing Phase 10 and watching The Office [which we are almost done watching all eight seasons!] Then it was dinner time! Anthany and I both really don't like cooking.. but we decided to try out meal planning. We have scheduled out everything we are eating for the next three weeks and are trying hard to stick to it. So on the Fourth, it was time to try out a meal I found called "Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken." And when we ate it we were really surprised that it was actually SO good! Anthany was so excited :] Of course, making a perfect meal would boost my self esteem too much so something HAD to go wrong. I tried to make rolls.. but I accidentally added twice as much water as I was supposed to. So the rolls all ran together into one huge blob on the pan and then they grew so big! It was disgusting.. luckily Anthany was okay with me just throwing the whole pan away instead of trying to clean the whole thing. But.. the chicken seriously was yummy haha I'm working so hard to become good at cooking.
YUM!!!
Anthany has never been more proud of me haha

We decided to go down to the park to walk around. I figured it would have cool booths selling handmade stuff and delicous food.. but there was pretty much nothing but a lot of stands selling alcohol. Menan is for sure better at celebrating the fourth! So then we just sat around till the fireworks. It was fun people watching and just hanging with each other. I think my favorite part about the fourth is seeing everyone and catching up with people I never see so it was a huge bummer this year.. in the future we will definitely be trying to pull some strings to go back home to celebrate! 
Almost firework time! The firework show wasn't terrible... definitely NOTHING like Idaho Fall's fireworks though!
 Anthany and I are both starting to feel homesick. Luckily we found out we will be going back to Rigby the end of August and we will get to see both of our families! The reason we are coming is still kind of a secret/surprise I think.. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tell but we are both definitely excited!
Fajitas!
We made fajitas tonight [by "we" I mean I cut up the vegetables and Anthany did everything else] They were delicious. I would say our cooking is going pretty fantastic! I hope everyone had a great fourth! I love summertime!
-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment