Monday, June 25, 2012

My Birthday

June 17 was my 20th birthday! Anthany made it such a special day. It was hard having my first birthday away from all my friends and all my family but it was my first time celebrating my birthday with Anthany so it was really special. Right at midnight when it was officially my birthday, Anthany walked into the room and surprised me with a sweet card and an iTunes giftcard! I was really not expecting it cause Anthany is not good at keeping secrets. So we started out the day with Anthany making me a huge breakfast and he didn't even make me clean it up :] Then we both got ready to go to the mall. I had birthday money to spend so we walked around for three hours looking at clothes and shoes. I ended up coming home with one necklace haha I think Anthany was a little annoyed but I think he is lucky I'm so cautious about spending money!

When we got home, we played some Disney Universe [a Wii game we have been playing that's pretty fun but impossible to beat], we swam in our pool then we decided to go out to dinner. we went to TGI Fridays which is my absolute favorite! It was super yummy. Anthany surprised me again by telling me he had to go to the bathroom but really telling the waitress it was my birthday and to come sing to me. I've never been sung to before at a restaurant [at least that I can remember] so that was cool :]



Love him :]

My very own free ice cream they brought me :]
Back at home, Anthany decided to make me a cake. And he was a pro! We had a Funfetti cake with frosting and sprinkles and pink candles. Even though it was his project, he let me put the sprinkles on :] It was SO yummy! But it was kinda bad we had that entire cake just for the two of us... it definitely took some self control to not pig out on the whole thing haha



YUMMM

About this picture... after the cake was all done we realized we had no matches! So Anthany used the stove to set that paper towel on fire and then light one of the candles to light all the other ones!
Makin a wish!
 Anthany had a "fun idea" after we had eaten some cake. He said we should start a tradition where the birthday person gets blindfolded and has to eat a little piece of cake blindfolded, without a fork. I thought it was stupid and refused to do it till he made me feel like I was being a baby and I finally agreed. So here you can witness me being an idiot and falling for his trick. Luckily the towel over my eyes was huge and protected most of my face :]
\



He was pretty proud of himself :]
So that was my birthday! I ended up using my birthday money to buy all the stuff I need to do Gel polish [also known as Shellac] nails on myself! I figured it was a good investment cause now I don't have to pay someone else to do it and maybe eventually I can start doing them on other people and making some money! I've absolutely loved it so far.
We took this picture the other day.... I absolutely love Anthany's face in it haha Anthany put his blue Hollister shirt on first, so I wore mine too :] he hates when I do that but I think it is so funny when I make us match. People always comment on it haha
Lately, we are both so busy working. I'm still at Boise Hair Company.. I have days where I'm super busy and days where it's so slow I want to go crazy. I'm starting to get to know the girls better but the twenty minute drive every day in Boise traffic is the worst. Anthany started working at Enterprise Car Rental. He loves it and says it's the easiest job in the world. All of his coworkers are impressed with how awesome he is at cleaning and detailing the cars. I think his favorite part is driving the super nice cars around. We love our new ward! It's Boise State's married student ward. It's not very big but the people are really nice and cool. Plus there is a big ward campout the end of July! We are already working on buying supplies for it a little at a time so we can go :] It's my day off today and I have my fingers crossed it will be hot enough that I can spend the day in our pool :]
-Lindsay 
P.S. Since it is "The McCabes" blog I've been trying to convince Anthany that he should do a post about what he is up to and how he is doing and he said "Nah." So we will see what happens with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment