Monday, August 27, 2012

Summing up August

We have been so crazy busy! For me, work has been insane.. It's back to school time so everyone is coming in for back to school haircuts! It's been fun being busy though. I've also been on pinterest so much lately looking for inspiration for my home. I'm so sick of all these white walls in my apartment. However, I don't wanna spend my spare money on crafty stuff.. So not much is going on there. But I will get to my pinterest projects in a second..
Aren't they pretty? The 11th of August was Anthany and I's 6th month anniversary. So he surprised me with these flowers when I got home. Which was a big deal cause the last time he got me flowers it was kind of a disaster.. Not sharing that story :] haha We also celebrated by going out to eat at Cracker Barrell and using our two free movie tickets to see the Dark Knight Rises... again. I really don't think Anthany could be any more obsessed with Batman.
First day of school!!! Woohoo!! Anthany finally started school today after months of waiting! He was pretty excited and I was excited to take a classic first day of school picture :] I'm proud of him for working so hard. I'm sure it's not easy to get up at 6 for work... work five hours.. then go to school for a couple more hours... then come home to lots of homework! He is pretty incredible.

My latest pinterest project was I saw a way to clean a microfiber couch.. Our couch is probably 6 or 7 years old.. and survived a household of five kids before becoming ours.. So it was pretty grubby. So I sprayed alcohol on it and scrubbed my little heart out. The pictures don't really do it justice. 
So before....

And after...
Not bad right? I think it is going to take a couple more times of scrubbing it down to take care of the layers of dirt but I'm excited it's looking better! I'm gonna let my arms rest before I work at it anymore! 

My big sister Briana gets married on Friday! So on Thursday, Anthany and I will be making another trip back to Rigby. It should be really fun! I LOVE family time. And with all the planning the wedding is sure to be amazingly beautiful. I'm excited and so happy for Bri and Doug. Bri found a cute idea on Pinterest for a chalkboard with sort of a love timeline. So I was happy to try it out :] I came across this adorable chalkboard at TJMaxx.. well I had a different one first. But when I pulled the sticker with the brand name off, it took off some of the chalkboard paint with it! Grr.. so frustrating! Luckily they exchanged it for this one.. and Anthany took off the sticker so very carefully for me :] Anyways, I think it turned out adorable!
Our neighbor friends that we worked so hard to force them to spend time with us moved away! So all that work for nothing :[ haha we are gonna miss them! I'm trying to stay motivated with blogging, but it's hard when I'm so busy doing pretty much the same thing everyday.. so I will try harder haha I will definitely blog after the wedding! 

-Lindsay

2 comments: