Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fingers Crossed!

It is so late and I should most definitely be sleeping right now.. but I have been needing to update this thing for awhile and I haven't had the time [or when I've had the time, I've had things I would rather be doing haha]. So now at 1:16 am on a wednesday morning, I will blog :] haha. I will apologize ahead of time for my lack of pictures, my camera along with pretty much all of my other belongings, are in a chaotic mess of stuff sitting around waiting for us to have a home. It's been pretty hectic!

So my last post I was so optimistic about this move. And it really has been great. This last weekend we journeyed to Boise and I got the job I wanted at the Boise Hair Company [such an amazing salon! I'm thrilled to be part of the team!] and we went on a long apartment hunt. Going into our hunt, I had a pretty specific guideline of what I wanted: Basically big enough for the little bit of furniture we have,  not a sketchy neighborhood, no mold or disgusting carpet, people don't have to go through my bedroom to use our bathroom, and I had my fingers crossed for a washer and dryer in our unit. Anthany's one big request was that we were as close to the BSU campus as possible. Easy enough, oh and not too many stairs to carry all of our furniture and stuff up. After the first few apartments, I knew we were in trouble. They were so much smaller then what I was expecting. In one of them, I was debating if we could live without a couch cause there was no way it would fit! Finally, after almost giving up hope, we found such a great apartment. Anthany was excited that we are so close to campus, and I'm excited I actually get full size appliances in my kitchen AND a dining room! There is a pool, on-site laundry [yeah I had to give up on my washer & dryer in unit dreams... someday..], TWO bedrooms, and we had to laugh that there is a Big Juds right across the street. We will definitely have to be careful not to make eating there a habit! So we just are waiting to here back from the apartments, and the waiting game sucks! I never imagined my biggest dream in life would be to just have everything finally put away!

 Other big news.. I finished off my last week at Salon Evolution. I feel so bad I couldn't have been there longer. I really loved the people that I worked with! Jumping into the salon my first time was scary. I was super lucky that a couple girls there always had my back and were willing to answer any questions I had. I'm sure going to miss that place. Hopefully the people in Boise are just as supportive cause I'm sure doing hair is just like any other job, you really never stop learning. While I'm on that topic though, I found a blog that I absolutely love! I kind of hate her, just because she does everything on her blog: hairstyling, recipes, blog help, crafts, yeah.. you name it, But I love her too cause she is so talented! haha So click here if you are into that kind of stuff..
My only other big news is I'm going to Colorado this weekend!! My sweet Aunt and Uncle are flying me out there to see them and my family! I'm even going to be running a 10K with my sister, Kenna, and my cousin, Anna. You are probably wondering if I have been training for it.. and I most definitely have not. But we plan on having fun with it anyway! I should definitely get working on finding my camera asap! Well that's pretty much all I have for ya for now.. and I'm sure I have quite the audience to read this so late at night :]. Sorry this was so long and just a lot of words. I honestly hate blogging when I don't have pictures to go with it. But thank you for reading! And everyone keep your fingers crossed for our apartment :]
I did find these super old pictures on my computer from when we were pretty much just barely dating. Good thing we are so much more mature now and would never take such embarrassing pictures... but I thought I would share haha. This girl is going to bed!

1 comment:

  1. two very good looking people: especially you anthony lol

    ReplyDelete