Sunday, June 10, 2012

Big Changes

A few weeks ago I didn't feel like blogging cause I really had nothing interesting to blog about... now I feel overwhelmed by everything going on that I should blog about but don't want to take the time to do haha.

First I will talk about the Bolder Boulder cause it was truly an incredible experience. And I have some pictures :] So for those of you that don't know, the Bolder Boulder is a huge memorial day race that takes place in Colorado. It's a six mile race and the whole thing is like a giant party. They have bands, slip and slides, belly dancers, hula hoops, water guns, even snacks at the finish line. I've done the race with my family several years before, but this year was different. Me, my cousin Anna, and my little sister Kenna decided we wanted to dress up all out and pretty much walk the entire race [don't judge.. at least 50% of the people there walk!] Because when you run the race, you don't get to truly see and do everything that's going on. Anyway, we'll say I decided to walk so I could take in the whole experience and just have fun..  not because I'm terribly out of shape :] 
The night we made our tutus. It turned out to be way more work than we expected!
All of my family that participated in the Bolder Boulder. [P.S. my mom is a BEAST. She ran six miles in 47 minutes.]
We had people stopping us the entire race to take pictures with us.
So yeah it was completely silly. But we had so much fun. We felt like celebrities all day. People kept taking our pictures and everyone would cheer "GO TUTU GIRLS" when we ran/walked by. We even got to dance with some Chick-Fil-A mascots dressed up in cow suits. So while it was fun just playing this year, I'm definitely going to train next year and attempt to keep up with my insanely talented mom! Thanks for being so much fun Kenna and Anna!! 

So Anthany and I are packed up and moved to Boise. I would post pictures,,, but we are still working on getting moved in and I'm embarrassed by how unorganized everything is. We love our apartment so far! Having a pool has been really fun and we definitely have plenty of space. We are learning to bargain shop for furniture to fill it up. Our goals are always 1. Cheap 2. Looks like it wasn't cheap. Definitely a tricky combination. That's probably why our apartment is still kind of bare. We have found a sweet entertainment center and floor lamp though! [Our living room doesn't have a light in it.. super weird]. But things have really been great so far.. except for a couple nights ago. We were cooking a frozen pizza and it had only been in the oven maybe ten minutes when we hear this really high pitched screeching coming from the kitchen. We both ran in there completely freaked out and we opened the oven. So much smoke came out. In my head I'm thinking, We haven't even been here a week and we have burnt the place down!!! Turns out the heating element part just blew out somehow. On the bright side, we got a brand new oven in our apartment.. On the down side, we aren't totally sure if we have to pay for it or not.

Boise is a really fun place to live, at least from what I can tell so far. We have explored the green belt which ended up being so much more walking then we expected [it's like eight miles around the whole thing!] We walked around downtown a little which I was hoping would be a lot of really cool shops, but is really mostly just bars and coffee shops.. kind of a bummer. And there are horse races here twice a week that we are planning on checking out soon! I also like driving here. It's fun to have no idea where you are even going. Everyone here drives fast and aggressive, and for those of you that know my driving, I fit right in haha.

The last thing I guess is my job. It's going great and I really love it. It's called the Boise Hair Company and it's a salon that's been around for like 30 years. Sometimes it's really busy and I get to do lots of hair, other times it's slow and I get to sweep hair, answer phones, and pretty much do everything the girls tell me to. I'm still waiting for them to give me a key to the building.. then I will know for sure that they actually like me.

That's basically all that has been happening lately with us with a lot more really funny and stressful times added in. We have a redbox literally right across the street from our apartment that we have been avid customers. We also were sort of unlucky and our apartment is directly above the manager of the complex... so I always feel like I have to be so quiet or she is gonna come upstairs and kick us out. That's basically our lives here in Boise! Apartment pictures will come soon :]

-Lindsay

1 comment: