Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hulk Smash!

This past week I have been working my butt off. I have been running flyers everywhere for the new salon, trying to keep up with cleaning the house, and trying to spend a few hours with Anthany every night. Now that really doesn't sound very busy, but trust me it's been crazy. Some things we have done this last week are.. 1. We saw The Avengers and we absolutely loved it! Now we frequently have superhero battles around the house. Typically Anthany is the Hulk and I'm Black Widow :] 2. We went to Grandma's house for dinner which I always love cause it's one less meal I have to cook and it is always so delicious! 3. I started my new job. I really love all the people I work with. It's an awesome group. The word is still getting spread about the salon so it's pretty slow right now but we are all confident it's going to pick up soon. Especially since we have a big grand opening on saturday! Z103 is going to be there giving away prizes and we will be raffling off great deals for the salon. I think they are even doing free massages that day. So everyone feel welcome to come :] 4. We finally had some time to do some yard work! Anthany drove the lawn mower and I sat on the little floor part of the lawn mower. Real good bonding experience!
One quick weird story... I decided to go interview at Pizza Pie Cafe and it was truly one of the weirdest experiences of my life. First, on the application, they have you draw a picture of yourself AND write a poem about yourself on the back. Then during my interview, the lady answered the phone at least three times and I would just sit there and wait while she talked. But the weirdest part was she saw on my application that I was working at a salon and after that she pretty much just told me how to be a better hairdresser. Then she told me they weren't even hiring. It was the weirdest interview ever, I wouldn't even call it an interview. It was more like I went and saw a career coach or something. Anyways, that's all we have going on for now :] We both want it to be summer SO bad we can't even stand it. So we just always keep our fingers crossed for nice weather. Well off to work :]
- Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment