Saturday, June 16, 2012

Our First [Own] Place!

I should really just name this post "Dear Mom" cause I'm mostly doing it so my mama can see our apartment since she hasn't gotten to yet. But anybody else can see it too. I know Veronica has been waiting to see it all set up. I should also say that the only reason these pictures were possible was because my sweet husband surprised me when I came home from work with a super clean, organized apartment. Yeah I"m pretty lucky :]
So I will begin by telling you five interesting facts about the apartment:
1. The Scentsy wax I chose is green apple scented so our apartment always smells like apples. Mmmm. Maybe that's why I'm always hungry.
2. We have four little obnoxious kids as our neighbors. One day I sat and watched out my window while the big brother beat up his little sister with boxing gloves :[
3. We have a pool right outside that is never busy and awesome for hot days
4. Neither of us is tall enough to reach the A.C. so we either have to keep jumping up and try to twist the thing to turn it on [which I'm sure the people downstairs just love] or I have to hop on Anthany's back to be tall enough to turn it on. I'm considering investing in a step stool.
5. We actually have a spare bedroom too that you will not see in the pictures cause it's pretty much just being used as a storage room for all of our extra crap. So when we do something cute with it, you will get to see it :]
So here are the pictures! It was actually really hard to get good pictures of all the rooms and somehow they all look really small. So just use your imagination a little :]
This is the view from our front porch. And that's the pool. I love how pretty the landscaping is here.
Getting a picture of the bedroom was really awkward and hard
Ignore the dirty clothes hamper :]


Dining Room

I absolutely love this picture frame and the pictures we carefully selected to go in it. Anthany
loves to hang his keys from it.

This is on the wall in our kitchen. Our groomsmen and bridesmaids :]

Our kitchen. Again.. really awkward to get a picture of haha

This is where we spend most of our time. [We love our entertainment center!
We got it for a steal of $60]

This is a good picture cause it shows our CUTE family wall, The awesome little open wall
with the kitchen, and it shows kinda how the whole place is set up.]

So our bathroom has two parts... the sink part and the shower and toilet part which has been really convenient.
Love our shower curtain. We got an awesome deal on this too :]


So notice the towels at the top of the picture... We bought our bathroom set [the rugs, shower curtain, and toilet cover] and got home and found those towels among our wedding gifts. It's insane how perfect they match!
We have this hanging by our door... I can't help but smile every time I leave my house :]
So there ya go :] Not the most exciting blog post in the world but we absolutely love our apartment! It's great having a place of our own. It's my birthday tomorrow so Anthany has made this a "Lindsay chooses" weekend where we do anything I want. Like last night we bought a Scene It X Box game for four bucks that we have been playing for hours. So I better go take advantage of getting to do what I want :] For my birthday dinner we are going to TGI Fridays which is my absolute favorite restaurant that I was devastated when they closed down in Idaho Falls but SO excited when I found out they have one here! I can't wait! Everyone have a great weekend!
-Lindsay

1 comment: