Thursday, September 13, 2012

Moving On...

Today was hard. I've been frustrated with my job for awhile now, but I tried to make excuses. Like...
- I haven't given it enough time, if I wait it out it will get better
- Things really aren't THAT bad
- Nobody likes going to work, right?
I finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I was sick of being talked down to. I was done with being pushed around. I wanted out right now. The thought of trying to stick it out for one more day made me want to cry. Correction... I literally did cry haha. I'm so grateful Anthany was completely supportive of my decision. He talked me through what I should say, reassured my fears, and comforted me as I felt like a failure. I'm truly lucky to have him. I'm sure me getting rid of our main source of income freaked him out, but he loves me enough to care about my happiness.. and he trusts me enough to know I will find something new. Ahh.. I'm just lucky :]

Boise Hair Company wasn't completely terrible. My boss was incredible.. she was so willing to work around my schedule when necessary, was supportive of my goals, gave me tons of compliments and motivation. I felt terrible letting her down after everything she had done for me. I also loved my clients. They were awesome people to work on and they were so sweet to me. I learned a ton working at Boise Hair Company. Working with people with so much experience taught me SO much. I'm grateful for all the times I just sat and watched them work. This summer I've become a much better hairstylist, which I wouldn't trade for the world. It's sad some mean girls could ruin my experience. It sucks that I let them get to me so much.

I'm excited to be moving forward though. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I just feel so much better. Even though it's hard, I know it's gonna be okay. I really need a job closer to my apartment anyways, because a 25 minute commute was just too much. It will be awesome to save money on gas and have more time with Anthany and less time driving. I have some interviews set up for next week and I'm just hoping for the best. I really hope whatever salon I work at next is amazing.

I love blogging. It's kind of therapeutic for me. I needed to blog tonight just to sort out what I'm thinking and how I feel. To be honest, I'm freaking out. But also so relieved. It's a really weird thing haha. On a brighter note, I'm excited to have friends come stay with us this weekend! It will be good to take my mind off everything else and get myself all cheered up and ready for my interviews next week! Time to move forward!
-Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. you can do it, i know its hard, i had a really hard time and still am, but it gets better erveryday. Miss you girl
    love alyssa

    ReplyDelete