Saturday, June 20, 2015

Clara's Quirks

In the hospital, Clara loved her Halo wrap blanket. But I felt bad cause it was always covering the bottom half of her face. I was constantly trying to push it back down so it wasn't covering her mouth. After doing that for two days, I finally realized Clara had been snuggling her little face down in there on purpose. I'm sure it was frustrating for her that after she worked so hard to get tucked down inside, I would push it back away from her haha.
We got to do newborn pictures with Brittany Stanly Photography. Brittany was incredible! She was so sweet with her. Clara did really good sleeping and not being fussy. But she did pee all over the poor photographer. Little stinker. We should get the rest of the pictures back in about a week. I love the ones I have seen so far! I can't wait to get them printed and hanging in my house!

Clara LOVES taking baths. Anthany and I always work together for bath time. Since I'm the cosmetologist in the family, of course I always wash her hair. Anthany always washes her little body with the wash cloth. My most important job is keeping the water the perfect temperature. Even though I kind of love when the bath gets a little cold because Clara's little chin quivers and it is the CUTEST thing in the world. She hasn't pooped or peed in the tub yet, so I would say that we are pretty good!

 Clara makes the funniest faces in the mornings. We like to stay in bed for a long time in the mornings and I just watch her. And take a million pictures.

 Clara is so cute with her hands. She loves her hands. She always has to have them touching her face while she sleeps. She is a master at escaping her swaddle every night, no matter how tight I wrap it! Every time she wakes up to eat or for a diaper change I have to swaddle her all over again and get her little hands tucked in. She also loves her pacifier but she has a really hard time with it. She is still figuring out how to keep sucking on it. If you hold her, you usually have to give her pacifier back to her several times haha. It's even worse when she keeps pulling her pacifier out of her mouth. Then she gets so frustrated. It stinks having hands you can't control yet!
She did this whole time I was feeding her the other day haha.
One of Clara's favorite things is rocking with her daddy. We found albums called Rockabye Baby! They are lullabies made from songs by artists like The Beatles, Queen, Maroon 5, and Taylor Swift. We like to sing along to the lullabies to her. Our favorite is I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. Clara is pretty alert at night. Which I love because I could stare into her cute little eyes forever but it's also exhausting.
I'm getting better and better at multitasking and doing things one handed. The boppy definitely comes in handy!
I celebrated my 23rd birthday! It was a pretty emotional day. Clara woke up with her little eye swollen shut and it was all gunky. I was so worried about her. Luckily her two week appointment was already scheduled for that day. It turned out to be just a blocked tear duct which is pretty common. We have to give her eye drops three times a day to get rid of the infection. I just cried all day looking at her. Her poor eye looked so sore and I could tell she was miserable. So I spent most of the day just cuddling with her and watching Friends on Netflix. Anthany spoiled me when he got home from work. He made me my favorite dinner: teriyaki chicken, grilled peppers, cornbread, and mashed potatoes! Plus he made me a delicious Funfetti cake! We played Phase 10 and Anthany changed most of the diapers :] It was a good night!
 It's so crazy to me how fast time is going by. I just want my baby to stay tiny forever! I'm loving getting to know her. She has so many little quirks. She is such a happy, cuddly girl. I love you, Clara Lou!



No comments:

Post a Comment