Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dealing with Little Stinkers..

Little date night :]
Our week has been pretty crazy. Sunday we had dinner with Anthany's family and we watched the Academy Awards. We were pretty frustrated that Hugo and The Artist were winning everything [we haven't seen either of them]. So we watched Hugo to see if it was actually good and it ended up being alright, definitely not better than The Help or Harry Potter... But we aren't going to watch The Artist.. it is a silent film!! And that's just not my thing.

Monday I had a job interview at a salon I was really excited about, but it turns out that I really didn't like it as much as I thought I was going to. However, the salon I interviewed at today I am so excited about and I really hope it goes through. It's called Rapunzel's Salon and Spa and it's opening in Idaho Falls on March 31st. It really is the prettiest salon I've ever seen. The stations we work at are these cute turquoise blue antique dressers!

Anthany was craving Mexican food all day on Tuesday which isn't really my favorite. So I finally agreed that we could go to Cafe Rio as long as we got Kiwi Loco after. It was definitely a good night. But last night was awesome. My Aunt Audrey invited us over for dinner and to play games. She made us a really yummy meatloaf, roasted potatoes, and broccoli. It's always so good to be invited places for dinner. I definitely struggle with cooking haha. I'm lucky to have a really patient and understanding husband who doesn't complain when I make mac & cheese or tease me too much when I ask him to teach me to make sloppy joes :] We taught Anthany how to play our favorite card game Yuker [it's a game that's hugely popular in Canada]. He caught on pretty quick and did great, especially with Audrey sneaking peeks at his hand the whole game and telling him what to do haha. After games, we stayed over there late talking to Kyle and Audrey. They gave us so much great advice about marriage. I love when people with relationships that I admire will give us advice and tips. I just want to know everything about successful marriages that I can :] Being at Audrey's is always fun. Not only cause she is hilarious, but I love her kids! My little cousin Miriam is attached to my hip the entire time I'm there, asking me to play house and to sit by her at dinner and take pictures with her and watch The Backyardigans with her. She is a cutie. But what I really love, is that Audrey's baby Eve loves Anthany! Probably cause he spoils her and he never gets tired of her treating him like a jungle gym haha they are cute together. But they can definitely be little stinkers.

Miriam LOVES taking pictures.
Speaking of stinkers, our last big adventure was with a stink bug last night. Anthany and I do NOT like bugs. So when we went in our room to go to sleep and saw a huge black beetle on the floor, I started freaking out. While I was standing on the stairs squealing and jumping and panicking, Anthany got a broom and swept that stinker out of the room, down the hall, through the living room, and out the door. :] haha Problem solved. But the whole rest of the night we both kept feeling like we had bugs all over us.

- Lindsay.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were Kyle and Audrey's Niece!!! They're in my parents ward! They're so awesome :) They have some of the cutest kids EVERRRR!

    ReplyDelete